The Novels

Economics 101, a Novel (Rough Draft) -- My first sustained attempt at a novel, two-thirds finished in rough draft, and heading a little too far south.
What would you do if you and your study partner, with whom you had been seriously discussing marriage, suddenly found yourselves all alone together on a desert island? Study economics?
Sociology 500, a Romance (Second Draft) -- The first book in the Economics 101 Trilogy.(On hold.)
Karel and Dan, former American football teammates and now graduate students, meet fellow graduate students Kristie and Bobbie, and the four form a steady study group.

Featured Post

Sociology 500, a Romance, ch 1 pt 1 -- Introducing Bobbie

TOC Well, let's meet Roberta Whitmer. Bobbie entered the anthropology department office and looked around. Near the receptionis...

Friday, March 25, 2016

We Need to Talk More about Economics -- What I'm not yet doing here.

[Update JMR201606040240: 
I think I've changed my mind. 

This blog is going to be the novel I've been writing, Economics 101. And, if it turns into a series, the series. I think.

The (first) novel will be here: (placeholder).

The rough draft of the first novel is here: (http://joel-rees-economics.blogspot.com/2016/04/economics-101-novel-index.html).

I wish I had the money to run my own servers dedicated to my writings. The connection fees and the current perverted structure of the Internet, and the perversions imposed on my tools, all militate against such independence. 

Once upon a time, each computing device connected to the network was a server. With Intel and their ilk promulgating their perverse Internet of Things (TM), it just ain't so anymore. And we are all being corralled into their for-pay universe.

But I gotta somehow make money from my writings.

And, right now, I have to get some sleep.
]

Wow. Fourteen page views before I can even get any content up.

We need to talk more about economics in our daily conversations.

So much of what we do affects not just our own future, but the people around us and even people far away from us.

We don't need economics as an excuse for tyranny, whether political, social, or emotional. But we do need to talk more about the economic effects of what we do.

To that end, I'm writing a novel that attempts to provide a simplified framework for talking about the basics of economics. Right now, it's in my freedom blog ( first chapter or so: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.jp/2016/03/economics-101-novel-ch00.html), because it is definitely a freedom-related topic.

I'm thinking, however, of moving it here as it comes together and maybe evolves a bit, along with other economics-specific rants. But I'm not sure. I might end up deleting this blog.

For now, this is a place-holder.

[Update JMR20160401:

Since neither Google nor Blogspot seem to be telling me this is too many, I've decided to keep this blog for new rants that focus on topics of economics.

Concerning Economics 101, a Novel, mentioned above, I am going to put an index page here (http://joel-rees-economics.blogspot.jp/2016/04/economics-101-novel-index.html) and keep the novel itself in the freedom blog (http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.jp/).
]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it on topic, and be patient with the moderator. I have other things to do, too, you know.